• National Domestic Violence Hotline 800.799.7233
• National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800.656.HOPE
• National Child Abuse Hotline: 800.4.A.CHILD (422.2253)
• CAP Hotline (Maryland): 301.645.3336
TEXT: "LOVEIS" to 866.331.9474
- LifeStyles of Maryland: Provides help and hope for those in need.
- The Center for Abused Persons: Provides treatment and supportive services.
- Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse: Provides education, advocacy and mitigation on behalf of survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- The Center for Children: Serving Children, Teens and Families in Southern Maryland.
- Childhelp: Provides programs to support, educate and advocate.
- Cyber Tipline: This Tipline is operated by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Can be used to communicate information to the authorities about child pornography or child sex trafficking. Hotline: 800.THE.LOST (843.5678)
- Darkness to Light: Provides crisis intervention and referral services to children or people affected by sexual abuse of children. Hotline calls are automatically routed to a local center. Helpline: 866.FOR.LIGHT (367.5444)
- Erin’s Law: Advocating for legislation that requires that all public schools in each state to implement a prevention-oriented child sexual abuse program.
- Elizabeth Smart Foundation: Working to prevent and stop predatory crimes.
- Joyful Heart Foundation: Working to transform society’s response to sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse, support survivors’ healing, and end this violence forever through healing, education and advocacy.
- Justice for Children: Provides a full range of advocacy services for abused and neglected children.
- National Association of Adult Survivors of Child Abuse: Addressing issues related to childhood abuse and trauma including sexual assault, violent or physical abuse, emotional traumas and neglect.
- GirlThrive: GirlThrive Inc. honors teen girls and young women who have survived incest and all sex abuse through thriverships, opportunity and education.
- National Children’s Advocacy Centers: NCAC Training Center trains thousands of people each year, from the United States and around the world on how to recognize and support maltreated children.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center: This site offers a wide variety of information relating to sexual violence including a large legal resource library.
- National Children’s Alliance: Provides support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs (child-friendly facilities) to aid in investigating abuse, helping children heal from abuse, and holding offenders accountable.
- National Organization for Victim Assistance: The oldest national victim assistance organization of its type in the United States as the recognized leader in this noble cause.
- Prevent Child Abuse America: Promotes services that improve child well-being in all 50 states and develop programs that help to prevent all types of abuse and neglect.
- Stop It Now: Provides information to victims and parents/relatives/friends of child sexual abuse. The site also has resources for offender treatment as well as information on recognizing the signs of child sexual abuse. Hotline: 888-PREVENT (773.8368)
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network): RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE)
- Statue of Limitations Reform: Learn more about the progress of SOL Reform in your state.
- Victim Rights Law Center: Provides legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives, and promotes a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim.
- Survivors of Incest Anonymous: Provides information on how to find incest survivor support groups in your area and empowers individuals to become survivors and thrivers.
NATIONAL, STATE AND LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS: